Sept.11 2010: International Burn Qur’an Day

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


I can't imagine what God is thinking right now, with all that is going on this this world. The discrimination, poverty, hunger, war--is his message in any religion not to LOVE, HONOR, RESPECT and FORGIVE? Where do we as humans get the right to condemn and ridicule another human being, their religion or faith or morals? Honestly, where? I am  sure if is not from God.

I went to the University of Flordia and I will bleed orange and blue till the day I die. But for the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed to say I spent a good chunk of my life in Gainesville.  Today I kept reading every one's version of what this church is Gainesville is planning on doing and I can't even begin to understand where their logic is coming from. Dove World Outreach Center is a non-denominational evangelical church and it is hosting "International Burn Qur'an Day".


I'm Catholic, a convert. I lived across the street from the Catholic Church in Gainesville, and it was there I got the calling to be Catholic and I did. For an entire year, I went through classes and was learning what being a good Catholic, a good Christian was. I am human and I make mistakes and I do sin. I try very hard not to play with God and what he expects from me, as a person and as a Catholic. 

I can't imagine condemning another religion, I just can't. I personally feel God will NOT be happy with me, I believe that I will be sinning.  So for me to read what Dove World Outreach Center is planning on doing--I can't even wrap my fingers around it.

The non-denominational evangelical church in Gainesville has announced a special celebration of the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. They feel the burning of the books will show Christian love, reduce hatred between people of different religions, and lead toward greater understanding around the world.


Pastor Terry Jones says the idea came, in part, from the recent success of “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day”. He comments that “We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn,” and that burning the holy books of another religion will provide Muslims an opportunity to convert. ---ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS RUBBISH!!!! 

Terry Jones is the author of Islam is the Devil. The book’s title reflects a sign placed outside Dove World Outreach, and explains Jones’s history working to “free souls from Islam”.
He further explains how his church uses the congregation’s children as political pawns, sending them to school wearing shirts saying “Jesus is the Way” on the front, and “Islam is of the Devil” in the back.


You are telling the world that Muslims must convert--to your religion, the non-denominational religion, exactly what are they going to be converting too? Learning to burn other holy books, learning to make people feel that what they believe is wrong, that their God, tradition and faith is totally wrong? Is being Muslim wrong, or Hindu or Buddhist or Jewish....are all those religions wrong?

International Burn is not about freedom of expression. It is about hatred of Islam, not just the radical actions of some Muslims.
My father and my brother are both Muslims and my mother is Hindu and I am damn proud of who I am and what they have instilled in me. My parents and my brother are not bad people, they don't make anyone feel that what they are or who they are is wrong. I mean seriously, my father the MUSLIM, allowed his only daughter to go away to College-nonetheless one that parties and DID NOT have one objection to me being Catholic, not one. In fact he was proud, that I found God and I was making a commitment. 

I hope that they will come to their senses and do away with this day, because in the long run they are making things bad for the US and they don't see it, they just don't. God forbid, another 9/11 happens on a Football Saturday in Gainesville,a lot of innocent may loose their lives, because of a stupid stupid act.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BURN IN HELL FIRE ALL OF YOU

Anonymous said...

I'm MUSLIM and I'm NOT EVIL

Ria Kh8n on August 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM said...

Not All Muslims are bad my friend, it is people like you--that make this world such a hateful place!!

Hamid on August 30, 2010 at 4:54 AM said...

Who knows, the truth only lies in the hands of the Holy God. Something that seems very hard to be done is yet to be done and seen very easy. I don't see no reason why a whole pastor should support the burning of a Holy book of a whole religion. Or did Jesus said they should burn other books of other religion. This doesn't make any sense at all. Atleast they should think careful or else God wouldn't be so happy about this. He may turn to attack with misfortunes as people of this mordern world seem to be found in an uncontrollable activities. I bet the burner must regret all the way in His life no matter whom he is. I pray that he Learn sense before the 11th of september or else Allah (S.W.A) Shall make him pay.

Anonymous said...

Islam accepts and respects other religion
there are alot of people who they don't know any thing about Islam and they do dangerous and do bad activity by Islam name.
i am muslim and i respect all other religion , because the other are human and every human should be respected

Anonymous said...

I really like your article. I'm Muslim and my boyfriend is a Catholic. Islam never fight against other religions.

Those people were burning the Qur'an because they have never read it. Why Terry Jones did not try to read & learn the meaning of the Qur'an. Try to live in the way of the Qur'an may be for 1-6 months. He'll know what he's doing now is really a big mistake. Just like the Bible, the Qur'an is only a book. You burn one, in a bookstore one day will sell a thousand of the same book.

May God still open the door of forgiveness for them.

Mohammed Ibrahim said...

I am a muslim ... and I liked what Jones did !!

I do not like his intention of hurting Islam or Muslims ... but I liked the way he made everyone interested in reading the Quran ... because of him I met some people who wanted to convert to islam.

Being a Muslim does not mean that you have to kill or attack everyone else ... it means living peacefully with whom ever wanted to live in peace ... thats why in the arabs countries - which is the home of Islam - there is more than 14 million Christians living among them ... so I think if Islam is about killing everyone else, I don't think that there will be any one else except them in their countries.

By the way, "Islam" is an Arabic word taken from the action "Salam" which mean "Peace".

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada