Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Let's be honest, it may hurt but here it goes:

Obama's hope for peace made him a candidate and winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. His vision on bringing people together and bringing our boys home and settling the mess in the Middle East, made him a winner at the Nobel Foundation. Their reasoning was to award it to Obama and motivate him to continue on his call to world peace. So I guess if they are using him to bring about peace, then I understand the award. However, Alfred Nobel didn't intend this award to be given as a call to action or to motivate someone, he, in his last will and testament stated that the Nobel Peace Prize should be given to "the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

Look, I am not being bitter but I don't think a person should win an award based on just reciting words someone may or may not have written for him. I agree with Mr. Obama about bringing people together and having peace, but you have to actually have established peace some where. Just because no one had dropped a bomb on the US in the last nine months, doesn't mean that he established peace. What gets me is that people are excited and said he deserved this. I like Obama, just like the next person, but I'm call you out Mr. President. I stand by you in your path to peace, but until I see actual evidence, I will not celebrate your award. I sometimes wonder if you are getting all the accolades because you are "the first" to make history.

The fact that you got the highest award possible and Gandhi didn't, yes it does bother me. The fact that Bill Clinton brought peace to three different countries and his foundation helps 128million people and never won, bothers me. Ronald Regan help end the Cold War and didn't get one, that too bothers me. I am not saying in time you don't deserve this, but nine months into your term you were award this and since being President haven't gone to Iraq or Afghanistan....I mean seriously. I just don't think this award should be to motivate people or make them realize what their purpose maybe. Granted, you are capable of bringing about change and peace and hope, no one is doubting you, but you have to have done something. For all the Obama supporters, if you really think he deserved this award for hoping for peace...all I have to say to you is WOW. There are the Oprahs, Bill Clintons, Bill and Melinda Gates, Human Rights activists of the world, who should have been considered before President Obama. Saying you want peace and actually establishing it....are two totally different things. Alfred Nobel didn't give his money to motivate people, it was given to honor those who have brought about significant change, not just talking about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada